161 West 16th Street, 14th Floor, New York, NY 10011
In: 212-924-257 Out: 917-225-2631 On: email@example.com
Hardworking, creative all-media veteran with 15 years experience and proven industry track record that includes publishing, television, internet and film.
Edge Publications, New York, NY/2006-present
National Arts Correspondent
- Contribute entertainment features across 12 major markets with over 175,000 unique IP addresses and 10 million impressions monthly.
- Profiles include Kathleen Turner, Sofia Coppala, Beyonce, Paul Rudnick, Parker Posey, Ethan Hawke, Spike Lee and Helen Mirren.
Citysearch, New York, NY/2001-2006
- Produced all dance listings, features and reviews for the New York edition while also contributing theater, nightlife and restaurant reviews.
Next Magazine, New York, NY/2000-2001
Editor in Chief
- Managed an editorial team of three while producing a local entertainment and listings magazine with a weekly readership of 179,000.
People Magazine, New York, NY/1999-2000
- Worked as a shared resource across People's many titles building interactive features based on People and Teen People features.
America Online, New York, NY/1998 to 1999
Entertainment Channel Manager
- Planned, produced and operated what Media Metrix dubbed "the #1 entertainment destination in cyberspace."
- Trained and managed section editors, writers, and designers while taking channel from seventh to second position on the AOL service.
VH1, New York, NY/1996 to 1998
- Coordinated original series and specials, wrote for Pop Up Video and generated original content for like online gaming and an interactive program guide.
- Managed production and writing staff responsible for on-air integration of online content.
Warner Books, New York, NY/1994 to 1996
- Created and produced features for Time Warner's Pathfinder service like the Modus Operandi game, Channel T lunchtime chats and world's first hypertext novel as well as disc-based products like Quick Reads and Bartlett's Familiar Quotations.
Museums New York, New York, NY/1993 to 1994
- Assisted publisher and owner of a start-up, monthly arts and listings magazine in all aspects of production including kiosk and web-based versions.
Master of Arts in Arts Journalism, Magna Cum Laude graduate from S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications, Syracuse University, Syracuse, NY, 2009.
Bachelor of Arts in English Literature, Cum Laude graduate from Montclair State University, Upper Montclair, NJ, 1993.
National Writers Union Member, Drama Desk Nominator/2006-2008, Founding GLAAD Media Awards Voter/New York Theater Selection Committee,Montclair State University's David Meranze Film Award and Syracuse University Chancellor's Award for Public Engagement and Scholarship.
Own and operate my own multimedia conglomerette since 1999. Spooky Electric Productions has a client list as diverse as The Economist, Kiki & Herb, New York Magazine and Comedy Central. Spooky also produced two feature films and Behave Yourself, the world's first punk rock instructional dog training video.